We are extremely excited for Executive Chairman Jay Davidson, who is releasing his first book Miracle on Market.
In Miracle on Market, Jay shares his experiences and thoughts about the residential, long-term, social model recovery program he created as co-founder of The Healing Place, in hopes that this model, in its current form, will be sustained and maintained long after he is gone.
The vision of The Healing Place is that everyone it serves will lead a meaningful and productive life. Some facts from the organization’s 32-year history:
- More than 6,000 alumni
- Over 150,000 people served
- 8,000+ individuals served annually
- The continuum of care has expanded from off-the-street, to detox, to long-term and outpatient recovery services
- In 1991, the annual budget was around $300,000 to serve 80 men in an overnight shelter
- In 2021, the annual budget is $13 million and serves nearly 1,000 clients across three campuses each day
- As in the beginning, The Healing Place continues to serve those in need of help regardless of race, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, or economic status
When there is a need to help another suffering alcoholic and or addict, the traditional model of The Healing Place will be there to answer that desperate cry for help. Miracle on Market helps spread the great news of this remarkable model to cities across the nation.
I often ask myself, “How in the world did I get here?”
For the last three decades, I have had the pleasure of watching men and women challenge the demon known as addiction and begin a new life in recovery. Their story of sobriety wouldn’t be possible without my own – and what a story that is.
My journey is one that winds through Vietnam, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Israel, and military bases around the United States and the world… and even a carnival. It’s a journey filled with the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. From feeling on top of the world to the pit of despair, my story is an implausible one I admit, but my story is one that is crafted by God’s love and His will for me.
I wouldn’t have it any other way.